Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hazleton Laboratories (now Covance)

I applied to be on a drug trial at Hazleton Laboratories (now Covance) sometime late 80s. I think I would have had to be in there 2 weeks and got about £900 for my trouble. They took a blood test, then called me back to say I was perfectly healthy but didn't fall within the exact parameters they wanted for the trial. I could've applied for other trials but it actually felt like a lucky escape! Even with a history of other forms of test beforehand, human trials are used because there may still be nasty side effects.

Looks like they also have an animal testing lab in Harrogate

"Amongst the animals Covance Laboratories Inc. supply are its own breed of dog, the trademarked "Mini-Mongrelä" (the mind boggles), the registered Elite New Zealand WhiteÒ rabbit and the "MutaäMouse", as well as other purpose-bred canines, guinea pigs and non-human primates. Covance is also known to be involved in importing wild-caught primates"

No comments: